Thursday, July 21, 2011

gray on gray

Thrifted silk shirt, bracelet, and ring
Old Ann Taylor pencil skirt




A simple outfit for work.  Sorry about the wrinkles, but this is a real-life shot, and I actually had been sitting at my desk all day.

This silk shirt is a heavy hitter in my wardrobe, especially in the summer.  I usually don't go for large collars, as they tend to overwhelm my frame, but I really like this one.  And though I am perfectly happy with monochromatic schemes, I threw in a couple of coral accessories to keep the whole thing from getting too blahsville.

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the grey on grey with the coral accessories they really make it pop!!

    xx
    Jess
    My blog -
    SparksandFireworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your jewelry! That colour pops so beautifully against the grey.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the colors with the soft gray tones :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well this is a lovely real life shot! the wrinkles make it even more perfect
    xo
    francesca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comment on my post :) I like pairing black and grey together as well. And as for the shoes, they aren't oxfords! They are actually ankle boots, isn't that neat?

    I like your silk shirt and the embroidery around the collar is adorable. And adding coral accessories was a nice touch to the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adore the bright jewelry on top of the muted grays. so pretty :)

    couturelust.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!!!!!!*_*

    http://paolinasspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors here are so perfect.
    Beautiful style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love everything abt this look.
    its simple and a complete lady look.
    the fact is all of ur posts are great..
    i am following you for sure...
    follow back?
    http://silenceriver.blogspot.com/
    http://silenceriver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for visiting my blog! :) love your style! definitely will be a frequent visitor! xx

    littleprojectsinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! every detail is wonderful

    ReplyDelete