Monday, July 18, 2011

beaded jersey bracelet


I am crazy about the adorned-wrists trend.  However, I cannot stand having a stack of bangles clanging against my desk all day or sliding up my forearm every time I have a sip of coffee…ughhh.  Solution: stretchy bracelets that will stay put for my stacking pleasure.  So, inspired by this brilliant project, I whipped up a little bracelet with beads from an old and some jersey from my stash:



To thread the jersey through the beads (especially if you’re using beads with a tiny hole), I found that it helps to cut one end into a narrow point and then slather an inch or so of that end with a bit of glue.  Once stiff, the pointy little spire can be easily threaded through the beads.  Once I had threaded enough of the jersey to go around my wrist several times—and to fit snugly with enough slack to be put on and taken off comfortably—I cut off the glue-y pointed end, wrapped the jersey around my wrist, double-knotted the ends, and hand-stitched the rows of jersey together at one point to keep them together.  If you’re fancy, you could run a line of stitches across the rows.  Ta-da!  Now I need to make/scavenge a few buddies for this guy!

8 comments:

  1. Love it! I remember making friendship bracelets back in grade school & now they're everywhere! Looks like ur blog is brand spankin new...I'm loving it so far...keep it up :D -C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great DIY post:) lovely
    http://www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment!

    I agree with you, I get annoyed with the bangles sliding up and down my arm and they make so much noise sometimes too. I love the idea of a beaded jersey bracelet.

    I'm glad I came across your blog as well! I will be following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I will definitely have to have a turn at making one! <3 I love the shade of blue you picked!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE blue & tan... such a cute color combo. great DIY's you have on here! :) & welcome to the blogging world! hehe

    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally know what you mean about the bangles sliding around your wrist ---- it's especially a pain when you spend your entire day typing! This bracelet is just darling! I love it because of it's simplicity. The blue colour is stunning.

    www.cositabella.com

    ReplyDelete